Thursday, March 10, 2011

UnUntitled: The Beginning

Dialogue with myself
Characters:
Me- psychiatrist
I- patient
Prologue: Have you ever thought about yourself so deeply and long that you feel like you have mentally detached from yourself and you then can have dialogue on your own?
Scene:
Me:  Could you describe where your life stands now?
I: My life stands in nothingness.
M: Could you be more specific?
I: I feel nothing. No, that’s not the case. There is a whole lot of nothingness in my soul and so I feel I am nothing.  Yes, I embody nothingness.
M: Do you know why you feel that way?
I: I stand alone in the gloom. I have fallen apart. All that I had is on the floor. The wind comes and takes them with him. I can’t find my puzzle pieces to put myself back together. I have to find new pieces. I have lost a huge part of myself.
M: What caused that?
I: I crave for pleasure. Therefore I have sinned. Pleasure has me on its’ bait.  But lately I have been feeling that all the momentary pleasures aren’t enough any more. They don’t satisfy me. I need something greater- I need bigger bait. Life, God or the Devil won’t give me one. Now I am empty. Unsatisfied. Ill. Even physically.
M: What keeps you going?
I: Maybe fear. Maybe hope.
M: Say the last phrase without the word ‘maybe’.
I: Hope
M: How did that feel?
I: Like lying.
M: Why don’t you write something?
I: I have never been more afraid of it in my existence.
M: Why don’t you paint, draw, sketch?
I: I am afraid.
M: What are you afraid of?
I: You
M: Me?
I: I-I
M: Why?
I: Because you are the reason I am in this state of mind. Why won’t you just accept it? You are so bloody hard to please, you idealist.
Epilogue: And now the roles have changed.

2 comments:

  1. This piece of writing is Extraordinary! I see it as a short film, same person on the both sides of a room, like interrogation at police station (in this case a madhouse).
    I can't handle all the love I have for this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez, you read my mind. I was picturing the exact scene. A dim room with one single light to accentuate a desk in the middle of it all. You know what would be especially fun? Twins:D If only the young Leonardo had a twin...

    ReplyDelete