Monday, March 14, 2011

Obsession for making lists

I found an artist named Candy Chang, who is a public installation artist, designer, urban planner, and co-founder of Civic Center who likes to make cities more comfortable for people. Her project "Before I die..." made me think about the the most important things in my life in the present day as well as in the future. Where I stand now and where I want to stand?
Back to her project. Candy turned the side of an abandoned house in her neighborhood into a giant chalkboard where residents could fill in the blank.

"It’s also about turning a neglected space into a constructive one where we can learn the hopes and aspirations of the people around us"
         

  

  

  

I loved her idea and I thought about making my own list of "Before I die..", but then I remembered that I already have one with quite a few activities. I'm one of these what you call a list-person. I make them for every occasion as I'm 75% of my day forgetful so I have to write ideas and chores down in order to get them done.
My next thought was "Why to make lists that will only be lists?". Maybe the reason that I don't have to cross out anything on my list is that I compose them instead of acting. Maybe. One thing is sure, I'm soooo close to crossing one out...

Then the Universe sent me one of the best wishes over a long time:
First, choose from the options that thrill you.
Then, choose the ones that also teach you.
And from these, Jaana, choose the scariest.
Butterflies in your tummy are good,
    The Universe
Thank you the Universe. First Candy, then the Universe. A coincidense? I believe not.

What would you write if the chalk was in your hands? Please pick the blue one...

No comments:

Post a Comment