Saturday, March 26, 2011

Letters to a ±5 year old me

A letter to a 13 year old me

Dear Jaana,

Right now you are probably lying in bed thinking how awful everything is. Don't worry, darling, as everything is going to get more awful. No, just kidding. As you can read your jokes aren't going to get any better. Humor passes you in a circle. That is actually the only bad news I have for you. I am actually writing to comfort you by saying that you're going to be just fine.
I have a few recommendations for you. Firstly, please don't worry too much about the way you look. I don't understand why all you want is to look like that everyday modelesque beauty, because you are far from a typical young girl. Being unusual is a-ok. You will soon begin to realise it. And don't let others get you down if they see you as little overweight. Trust me, you will grow out of it a little, but not out of your curves (yeah). Don't be obsessed about your size, it just lowers your self-esteem, and enjoy life! And as your future favourite writer said: "Live from the inside to the outside. Instead of living from the outside to inside."
Secondly, love yourself as you deserve it. Another person besides you can't help you feel better about yourself. So what if all your friends are dating. Psychologists say that it's not good for a person to start a relationship at a young age. Cha-Ching.
Thirdly, try as many things that interest you as possible. Well not all of them, stick to the healthier ones, please. If you keep hiding in your four walls you will just end up regretting not going for your desires. The more you do, the more confident you 'll get. And don't be such a scarebaby. Of course the world is a scary place and the more you live the scarier it gets, but think of all the great things you will miss out on if you concenrate on what bad could happen.
Allow yourself to be happy, because the only person standing in your way is you. Don't loose the skill to amaze. In the future you will realise that the ability to see the world through a childs' eyes as a grown-up is the quality you will cherish the most. Don't take anything for granted- live moments to the fullest and express how much you treasure the people around you.
You are AWESOME! Just try to remember that.

XX Love Jane

A letter to a 23 year old me

Dear Jane,

I can't express in words how lucky I am to have won the lottery, where the grand prize was living in your shoes. Half because you have a life to envy and the other half because you wear to die for killer heels. I always knew you had great taste in shoes.
I can't really predict where you are right now, but I am confident to say that you are happy because you are on the right path to success. Whatever that last word means to you now. I also know that you live in a place, which at the moment I am searching for, where you feel you belong and what inspires you everyday. I hope you have the motivation to be the best you can daily and you are surrounded with loving people.
While you are reading this petit letter I hope that you think back on me with a smile. I expect you to maintain a little craziness in you so you could write a letter to a 28 year old me.
All the best to you. You are FAWESOME!

PS: I hope that you have by now crossed out a few of thing on your list (You better have).

XX Love Jane

I wanted to post this on my birthday on Tuesday as a present to myself, but I didn't manage to as my flight from London arrived late.

No comments:

Post a Comment