Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Falling for fall

I'm a fall girl. 
It's my favorite season concerning nature, food, fashion, the mood and what is stands for- all is new in September.
This year it definitely hit me hard.
Recently I bought a pair of this delicious caramel color ankle booties. I just adored the color and probably couldn't unconsciously get around the fact that I have been obsessively gazing at trees too much. But I can't help it. It makes me smile. It's like I'm telling the trees inside my head how beautiful they are and it feels they are blushing at my compliment by getting red-ish and brown-ish with each passing day until they reach this wonderful golden color. 
So the warm nature colors are on every corner right now (chilling with love, as they say) and I feel like dressing like one of those beautiful trees. So if you have nothing to wear for a Halloween party this year just pick out the autumn colors from your closet and when someone ask who you are you can just reply "ermm... I'm a tree!? Can't you see?" Double plus by making your answer rhyme like an underground boss. 
So back to the boots. I was happy to introduce them to my wardrobe when it suddenly hit me. The majority of my closet is cold and dark. Those boots were the first brown purchase I did in...years? The fall girl had practically no fall colors. How ironic? 
So whenever in need for some inspiration on "what the heck do I combine them with?" just dig into Google pictures. That always reminds you of some items that you've totally forgotten about, because your wardrobe is still in Summer-time mode. As I wrote this Spring, it's once more that time to make an inventory and get inspired once again by fall and all its jewels.
Yeah, probably just me alone in this cold world that has yet to do that as the last minute person that I am. 

For me this fall the hits are oversized scarves (the statement necklaces of outerwear), mustard, burgundy, smaragd green and military green, caramel brown, gold, orange, dark grey, dark plum, suede, leather, fedoras (yeah, they are back!), oversized coats that look more like inflated , knits. 
Basically your every Sunday morning market chill. 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Fall girl,

    I do think I speak for the most of your readers - please, show us those booties. And what you combined them with. We adore and admire you (especially me).

    the Underground Jane Who lovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear only Underground Jane Who lover,

      How about no?
      Okay that was harsh, let me explain myself. I've thought about that possibility, but the fact is that there are so much ego/fashion bloggers out there with personal style I can't compete with as it's just so current (because of all the sponsors). So I write here with not the purpose of showing what's current this second and showing off my newest buys, but making you guys think about the choices you make daily, to give a meaning behind your choices and to just write down my cooky thoughts because my cat is tired of listening to them.

      Delete
  2. Dear Jane,

    I really loved your Hulk Hogan necklace pic though. And we (me?)are your online cats. We have ears for your thoughts all day and all night. Who else is as inspirational and underground as you? Nobody. That's right. You were cool before you were cool.
    *No hipster references intended.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yeah it was about something I made. It was important for me. And you totally made me laugh because of your cats reference. I pictured a Spring night with all the alley cats just miaowing away as they dig around in garbage cans. Nono, didn't intend to say that you are a dirty fleabag. I hope you get the picture. It just reminded me of a cartoon.
      I really appreciate your encouraging words, but, dude, you have really lost your mind and going a bit too far with them :D

      Delete